Our Vitamin D and K provides a clinically useful dose of vitamin D3, 5000 IU per veggie cap, and vitamin K in both K1 and the MK-7 form of K2.
- Vitamins D and K are essential for optimal bone and arterial health and for maintaining the immune system in proper balance.**
- In a July 2019 study, (1) researchers noted that supplementation with vitamin D over a four year period was associated with significantly less progression of knee joint abnormalities associated with degenerative joint disease.
- A December 2019 study (2) hypothesized that Vitamin D may reduce inflammation by helping to regulate and modulate the degenerative joint inflammatory process.
- In December 2019 (3) researchers wrote that vitamin D supplementation may reduce incidence of joint infection and the need for a secondary or revision knee replacement surgery following a knee replacement.
1 Joseph GB, McCulloch CE, Nevitt MC, et al. Associations between Vitamin C and D Intake and Cartilage Composition and Knee Joint Morphology over 4 years: Data from the Osteoarthritis Initiative [published online ahead of print, 2019 Jul 8]. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2019;10.1002/acr.24021. doi:10.1002/acr.24021
2 Kong C, Wang C, Shi Y, Yan L, Xu J, Qi W. Active Vitamin D activates chondrocyte autophagy to reduce osteoarthritis via mediating the AMPK/mTOR signaling pathway. Biochemistry and Cell Biology. 2019 Dec 9(ja).
3. Arshi A, Shieh A, Adams JS, Bernthal NM, Zeegen EN, Sassoon AA. Preoperative Vitamin D Repletion in Total Knee Arthroplasty: A Cost-Effectiveness Model [published online ahead of print, 2019 Dec 27]. J Arthroplasty. 2019;S0883-5403(19)31186-6. doi:10.1016/j.arth.2019.12.037
These statements have not been evaluated by the US Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.